Freshdesk Integration with ProProfs Knowledgebase
How does this integration help me?
Any helpdesk solution is incomplete without a knowledge base. If you're looking to do more with Freshdesk (a popular helpdesk solution) than just collect customer tickets; then, ProProfs Knowledgebase fits the bill perfectly. Using the integration, you can easily share information and collect feedback from customers, reduce support tickets, initiate Freshdesk tickets from ProProfs and do much more.
Embed support forms in your knowledgebase or website
Capture customers' feedback directly in your knowledgebase with the help of a support form. You can also embed a support form on any page of your website to save your customers from having to locate your contact details or support email when they are in your website. Creating the form is easy and you can customize it to your liking.
Initiate Freshdesk tickets from ProProfs
Use ProProfs to collect support tickets, feedback, feature requests, and much more. Once customers submit a support request in your ProProfs site, a ticket for the same is automatically raised in Freshdesk.
Reduce support tickets
ProProfs ticket deflection technology helps your customers find instant answers. Just as a customer is typing in a subject for the ticket, relevant pages from your ProProfs are suggested instantly. This helps them find what they are looking for so they don’t have to submit a ticket.
How do I set it up?
Activate the integration
Step 1. Go to ProProfs Knowledgebase settings and click on Forms.
Step 2. Select Freshdesk, add your credentials and click on next.
- Username - Enter your Freshdesk username such as email@example.com. This can be any valid Freshdesk username.
- Subdomain - Enter your Freshdesk account URL such as amex1.freshdesk.com.
- API Key - Enter your API key. You can find the API key in your Freshdesk Profile Settings.
Create the Support Form
After you enter in your credentials and click next, ProProfs will connect to Freshdesk and read all the ticket fields. Custom ticket fields are typically used to gather more information about the support issue, product, or service. For example, you may want your customers to also select the model name and number of your product. Learn how to add ticket fields in Freshdesk.
After ProProfs reads the ticket fields, you can set which fields you want to display such as whether the field is required and the order of the fields.
Note: ProProfs will read all fields including hidden fields. It is up to you to select which fields you want to use to collect feedback.
- Show - Place a checkmark for each field you want to display on the form. Uncheck, and the field will be hidden.
- Make - Place a checkmark for each field you want to be required to fill out.
- Label - The original label is shown as provided by Freshdesk. You can leave as is or rename (this will not affect your help desk).
- Type - The field type as provided by Freshdesk (text, email, multi-line, drop down, etc.,)
- Layout - This refers to the form layout. 1 column layout means that the form field will span the entire width. 2 column layout means the form will allow 2 fields side-by-side to each other.
- Field Order - You can change the order of the fields by dragging and dropping to the desired order. For example, let's say you want 'Type' to appear before 'Name'. You can simply drag it above.
Once you have finished with the fields, click Next.
Customize the Support Form
After you have successfully setup the fields you can now customize the Support Form.
- Form Title - Enter a form title.
- Thank you message - The thank you message will be shown after the form has successfully been submitted.
- Enable search suggestions (ticket deflection) - As the user types in a subject for the ticket, pages from your ProProfs site are instantly suggested. The goal is to help the user find what they are looking for so they don't have to submit a ticket. This is often referred to as ticket deflection, as it helps customers find answers without ever having to submit a ticket.
At this time only topics from your ProProfs site are suggested.
- Show placeholder text in form fields - Select this option is you want placeholder text to be in the form fields.
- Lightbox Height - Enter in the height of the lightbox window. The default is 500 pixels.
- Background Overlay - Select if you want the lightbox to have a transparent (80%) background overlay color.
You can also test the form at any time by click the Test button.
The tab is what your users can click on to display the support form (the tab can also be hidden). It is a small tab that can appear on the top, bottom, left, or right of the web browsers window.
The tab's text and color can be customized and branded.
- Enable Tab - Unselect if you do not want to use the tab. You can still open the support form via hyperlink as describe below.
- Type - You can use the default 'text' tab or upload your own image.
- Position - Choose the position of the tab (top, bottom, left, or right). Changing it will instantly update the position and you can also preview it. You can also change the offset to move the tab to the desired location.
- Label - Enter in the text of the label. The default is 'Support' but some other options are: Feedback, Help, Questions, Comments, Email, Ask Us.
- Background and Text color. Use the color picker to select the color of the tab. You can also change the color of the text.
- CSS - For more advanced customizations, you can enter in your own custom CSS for the tab.
Every customization you make will reflect in real-time so you can have a live preview of all your changes as you customize.
In addition to the tab, we provide a few other options in displaying the Support Form.
- Lightbox - This option allows you to add a hyperlink anywhere in your ProProfs Knowledgebase to open the support form in a lightbox. You could add the link in your navigation or anywhere on a page, that when clicked, will open the lightbox. To use, simply copy the provided hyperlink code
<a href="#" rel="supportlightbox">Support</a> and paste it onto any page or in your header. You can see a link we added to the custom header called 'Support' below.
- Popup - This option works best for external websites and web applications. Just copy the provided code and paste it in your website. Clicking the link will open the support form in a pop-up window.
- Embed Code - If you want to embed just the form (no lightbox or pop-up window) then you can use this code. Just copy the provided code and paste it in the source code of any page of your external website.