Content Snippets are small pieces of customizable content that can be placed anywhere on a webpage. They are extremely useful when you want to display a certain text piece (such as an offer) at different locations on your website without needing to repeatedly write that text at multiple locations on a webpage or webpages.
Benefits of using a Content Snippet:
- Prevents you from repeatedly writing the same piece of text.
- Just create a single Content Snippet and place it at the intended locations on your website.
- Any editing done to it will be reflected in all those locations where it is placed.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to create a Content Snippet
- How to insert a Content Snippet on a webpage
- How to preview, edit and delete a Content Snippet
Step 1: On your ProProfs Knowledge Base dashboard, go to + Add New >> Content Snippet.
Step 2: Enter the required details to create a Content Snippet.
As shown in the screenshot above, all the elements to create a Content Snippet are explained below:
- Enter the title for the Content Snippet.
- Enter the description that explains what the Content Snippet is about.
- Check this if you want to make this Content Snippet available for all your ProProfs sites. You'll be able to add this snippet to all your help sites. Else, keep this unchecked if you want it to be available for this particular page only.
- Use the toolbar to customize the content for the Content Snippet. You can also add multimedia through Insert.
- This is the box where you'll write or add the content for the Content Snippet.
- Edit a Content Snippet by clicking on its name.
- Add a new Content Snippet.
- Delete a Content Snippet.
- This page can also be accessed by going to Preview >> Content Snippets.
Step 5: From the toolbar, go to Insert >> Content Snippet.
Step 6: Select the Content Snippet you created and click insert.
Step 7: You get a snippet that you can place anywhere on the webpage. Also, you can drag the snippet to create multiple copies of it and place them at different locations on the same webpage. Once you're done, save and update the page.
Step 8: This is how a simple text-based Content Snippet looks like on a ProProfs webpage.