Desk.com Integration With ProProfs Knowledge Base
Desk.com’s all-in-one support app has everything a fast-growing business needs to provide fast, awesome customer service. By integrating ProProfs and Desk, you’ll have the power of ProProfs Knowledgebase and the reliability of Desk for your customer support. With a single click, your customers can fill out the support form in your knowledgebase and the data will automatically be sent to Desk where a case will be created. Setup is also a breeze as ProProfs uses the case fields from your Desk account.
Customers can submit a support request directly from your ProProfs site using the Support Widget. Save your customers from having to locate your contact details or support email. Use the ProProfs form to collect support tickets, feedback, feature requests, and much more. You can even add this form to your external websites or apps.
Embed the Case Widget anywhere in your Desk’s Support Center or use it in your website or web application.
The Support Widget is powered by your ProProfs Knowledgebase. As the user is typing in a subject for the ticket, relevant pages from your ProProfs are suggested instantly. This helps users find what they are looking for so they don’t have to submit a ticket.
- Activate the integration
- Create the Support Form
- Customize the Support Form
Step 1. Go to ProProfs Knowledgebase settings and click on Forms.
Step 2. Select Desk, add your credentials and click on next.
- Username - Enter your Desk.com username such as email@example.com. This can be any valid Desk username.
- Subdomain - Enter your Desk account URL such as company.desk.com
- API Key/Token and Token Secret - The Support Widget will submit the data to Desk via API. The first step is to fill in the API credentials.This can be found by:
- Log into Desk.com. From the top navigation select Settings.
- Then on the upper right look for Settings.
- On the left side navigation select API.
- Now from the API page click Add API Application.
- It will open an overlay to create an API key. For the name enter 'ProProfs' and for the website URL enter your ProProfs site URL such as http://mysite.helpdocsonline.com. You do not need to enter in a Callback URL or a Support URL.
- Click Add. The form will save and display your API key and API secret. Copy these values and paste them into ProProfs.
- Next, Desk requires some additional credentials. Click on Your Access Token.
- An overlay will appear. Copy the Token and Token Secret and paste into ProProfs.
- After you fill in your credentials, click next.
- Log into Desk.com. From the top navigation select Settings.
After you enter in your credentials and click next, ProProfs will connect to Desk and read all the case fields. Custom case fields are typically used to gather more information about the support issue, product, or service. For example, you may want your customers to also select the model name and number of your product. Learn how to add case fields in Desk.
After ProProfs reads the case fields, you will set which fields you want to display, if the field is required, and the order of the fields. Note: ProProfs will read all fields. It is up to you to select which fields you want to collect.
- Show Field - Place a checkmark for each field you want to display on the form. Uncheck, and the field will be hidden.
- Make Field Required - Place a checkmark for each field you want to be required to fill out.
- Label - The original label is shown as provided by Desk. You can leave as is or rename (this will not affect your help desk).
- Type - The field type as provided by Desk (text, email, mult-line, drop down, etc.,)
- Layout - This refers to the form layout. 1 column layout means that the form field will span the entire form width. 2 column layout means the form will allow 2 fields side-by-side to each other.
- Field Order - You can change the order of the fields by dragging and dropping to the desired order. For example, lets say you want 'Type' to appear before 'Name'. You can simply drag it above.
Once you have finished with the fields, click Next.
After you have successfully setup the fields you can now customize the Support Form.
- Form Title - Enter a form title.
- Thank you message - The thank you message will be shown after the form has successfully been submitted.
- Allow attachment - Select this option if you want to allow users to attach files to the case.
- Enable search suggestions (case deflection) - As the user types in a subject for the case, pages from your ProProfs site are instantly suggested. The goal is to help the user find what they are looking for so they don't have to submit a case. This is often referred to as case deflection, as it helps customers find answers without ever having to submit a case.
- Show placeholder text in form fields - Select this option is you want placeholder text to be in the form fields.
- Lightbox Height - Enter in the height of the lightbox window. The default is 500 pixels.
- Background Overlay - Select if you want the lightbox to have a transparent (80%) background overlay color.
You can also test the form at any time by click the Test button.
The tab is what your users can click on to display the support form (the tab can also be hidden). It is a small tab that can appear on the top, bottom, left, or right of the web browsers window.
The tab's text and color can be customized and branded.
- Enable Tab - Unselect if you do not want to use the tab. You can still open the support form via hyperlink as describe below.
- Type - You can use the default 'text' tab or upload your own image.
- Position - Choose the position of the tab (top, bottom, left, or right). Changing will instantly update so you can preview it. You can also change the offset to move the tab to the desired location.
- Label - Enter in the text of the label. The default is 'Support' but some other good options are: Feedback, Help, Questions, Comments, Email, Ask Us.
- Background and Text color. Use the color picker to select the color of the tab. You can also change the color of the text.
- CSS - For more advanced customizations, you can enter in your own custom CSS for the tab.
In addition to the tab, we provide a few other options in displaying the Support Form.
- Lightbox - This option allows you to add hyperlink anywhere inside of ProProfs to open the support form in a lightbox. You could add the link in your navigation or anywhere on a page, that when clicked, will open the lightbox. To use, simply copy the provided hyperlink code
<a href="#" rel="supportlightbox">Support</a>and paste it onto any page or in your header. You can see a link we added to the custom header called 'Support' below.
- Popup - This option works best for external websites and web applications. Just copy the provided code and paste it in your website. Clicking the link will open the support form in a pop-up window.
- Embed Code - If you want to embed just the form (no lightbox or pop-up window) then you can use this code. Just copy the provided code and paste it in the source code of any page of your external website.