Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools is a free service by Google for webmasters. It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
To start, you need a Google account. Please login or signup for an account. Once logged in, you'll be able to add sites/domains on your Webmaster account.
Now you need to add your site. It's as simple as letting Google know what domain you are using for your ProProfs help site.
Follow these steps:
- Sign into Google Webmaster Tools with your Google Account.
- Click the Add a Site button.
- And overlay will appear. Enter in the entire URL such as http://mysite.example.com/
- Click Continue. The Site verification page opens.
- Immediately after adding a site, Google allows you to verify ownership.
- When asked for methods you prefer, select the Alternate methods tab, choose HTML tag then copy the meta tag HTML code. You will need to click on verify only after the code is added in ProProfs.
- Return to ProProfs and go to Settings > Add, Edit and Customize a site. Choose the site you want SEO enabled then click on SEO tab.
- Paste in the code from Google in the proper field and make sure you save it.
- Return to Google Webmaster's page where you got your code and now click Verify. If you received no error, then you're able to verify your ownership.
- After successful verification, go to Google Webmaster's home page and look for the site you just added.
- Click Manage Site.
- Inform Google the location of your sitemap by going to Sitemaps under Crawl in the sidebar.
- Click Add/Test Sitemap and in the dropdown
- Type sitemap.xml then click Submit Sitemap.
Now your sitemap will be added to Google. View SEO Guide
Suggested Reading: Bing Webmaster Tools