The Table of Contents lists the hierarchy of pages, folders, and subfolders for a site in a tree format.
- Working with Pages, Folders, and Links
- Table of Contents Style
- Drag and Drop to Reorder
- Customizing the Table of Contents
- Turn Off the Table of Contents
- Show Book Icons
We currently offer two styles which we call Modern and Tree. You can change the style in the site's admin.
You can move pages or folders by dragging and dropping them. Pages can be reordered or placed in folders or on top of other pages. Folders can be reordered and placed in other folders.
- To change the order, click your mouse on a page or folder and hold your mouse button down.
- Drag the page or folder to the desired location.
- To move a page or folder into another location a green icon will indicate a valid drop location.
- To move a page or folder in between two items a split indicator will appear.
- A red icon indicates that you have selected an invalid drop location. Sometimes it takes a little finesse to get the page into the desired location.
- Release the mouse button and the new order will save automatically.
You can customize the Table of Contents including:
- Font size and spacing
- Width of the table of contents panel
- Show/hide the page or folder icons
- Folders options and more
If you do not want to have a table of contents for your site, you can turn off this feature.
- Click on the Settings link.
- Select Add, Edit, Customize Sites.
- Select the site you want to turn off the table of contents for.
- Uncheck Enable TOC.
- Click Save.
You can add book-style icons for folders and pages, as shown in image below.
To add the book-style icons, go to Settings -> Configure & brand and select the box that says "Show book icon".
Suggested Reading: Folders in the Table of Contents