Pages in the Table of Contents
- Add a Page to the Table of Contents
- Hide a Page from the Table of Contents
- Rename a Page
- Context Menu (Right-Click)
To add a new page to the table of contents, follow these steps:
- Click on the New Page button in the toolbar.
- This will insert a new page into the table of contents (and will open the content editor for the new page).
- Enter a name for the page, and click outside of the text input to save the new page name.
Here are the icons for pages that you will see in the table of contents (you can turn off the icons in the Settings section).
- Text page that is published live
- Text page in draft mode
- Video page
- Video page in draft mode
A page appears in the table of contents by default. However, you can hide a page from the table of contents.
- When editing a page, from the page details click the link More settings.
- To remove the page from the table of contents, uncheck Show page in table of contents. This will hide the page from the table of contents.
- To add the page back to the table of contents, check Show page in table of contents.
- If you hide a page from the table of contents, you can always find it in the view all pages grid.
- To rename a page in the table of contents, double-click on the page or right-click and select Rename.
Each page and folder in the table of contents offers a context menu (right-click menu). To access the menu, right-click.
- Start Open or Start Closed - This allows you to set whether the subpages are shown by default. Start Open means that the page will be expanded and show the subpages. Start Closed means the subpages will be hidden until the parent page is clicked.
- New Link - This will create a new link at the location of the click. Learn more about links.
- New Folder - This will add a new folder at the location of the click. Learn more about folders.
- New Page - This will create a new page at the location of the click.
- Rename - This will activate a text input for you to rename the page.
- Edit - This opens up the page editor.
- Delete - This will move the page to the trash can. To permanently delete the topic, the user must empty the trash can contents. If the page has subpages or folders then this option will be disabled. To delete the page, drag all subpages from parent page.
- Duplicate - This will make a duplicate of the page with the same name plus “- copy” at the end.