One helpful feature of ProProfs is the tabbed viewing. Users can easily browse for pages in the table of contents and open them up in separate tabs. Each tab will display a distinct page. Users can open multiple tabs that interest them (like bookmarking). After reading a tab, they can switch and begin reading the other open tabs. In addition, the administrator can turn off tabs globally or for specific users.
- How to Open a Tab
- How to Close a Tab
- Tab Control
- Tab Scrolling
- Turning Tabs Off
- Disable Tabs for all Users
To open a tab, click on the page you want to view. A new tab will open up automatically.
To close a tab, simply click on the X in the upper right-hand corner of the tab. This will close the page.
The tab control appears in the toolbar and allows users to select from the opened tabs or close all the tabs.
- To change pages, click on the title you want to view.
- The checkmark icon indicates which tab is currently being viewed.
- The Close All Tabs option will close all the tabs, so only the Home page shows.
Once a user opens more tabs than can fit in the tab bar, a slider will appear. You can scroll through the tabs by clicking on one of the buttons.
If enabled for your site, each user can change views from a tabbed view to a basic view (no tabs).
- To change views, click on the drop-down menu.
- Select the desired view.
- The application will instantly refresh with the selected view.
If you prefer to have a single page viewing area for all your users, you can turn tabs off for an entire site.
- Login to your account.
- Click on the Settings link.
- Select Manage Sites.
- Select the site you want to turn off tabs for.
- Under Default View, select Basic (no tabs).
- If you do not want to allow users to change their own view, uncheck Allow users to change their own view.
- Click Save.