How to Add Toggle Content
The toggle allows you to expand or collapse a section of a help article. A toggle has a heading that a user can click to expand a section that displays the hidden content. The hidden or collapsed content can include images, videos, tables, and text.
This makes it easier for readers to scan a page efficiently by presenting them with a cleaner interface. The content in a toggle is not just limited to a single article or site. It can be used across multiple sites and is especially useful if a certain piece of information is repeated in multiple articles. For eg. Contact info. of a company.
Benefits of Toggle Content:
- Maintains uniformity of information across multiple sites.
- Content created in a toggle is reusable.
- Opens in the same window and doesn't redirect the reader to a separate page.
In this article, you'll learn:
Step 1: From your ProProfs Knowledge Base dashboard, go to + Add New >> Toggle Content.
Step 2: Add details in the toggle content customization window according to your requirements.
As shown in the screenshot above, let's understand all the elements of the Toggle Content customization window:
- Add the title for the Toggle Content
- A small description of what the Toggle Content is about.
- Check this if you'd like to make this Toggle Content available for all your ProProfs sites. Keep this unchecked if you want this content for this particular site only.
- Customize the content using different functions on this toolbar. This is similar to the toolbar you get while adding a new page.
- This is the box where you write or add the content that will show as Toggle Content.
Once done, save.
Step 3: Your created Toggle Content appears in a list, as shown in the screenshot below.
Here, you can do the following:
- Edit a Toggle Content by clicking on its name.
- Create a new Toggle Content.
- Delete a Toggle Content.
Step 1: Open a page for editing where you want the Toggle Content to appear.
Step 2: From the toolbar, go to Insert >> Toggle Content.
Step 3: Select the Toggle Content and click Insert.
Step 4: Place the Toggle Content anywhere you want on the page. You can also drag the Toggle Content and create multiple copies of it at different locations on the page. When you're done, save and update the page.