How to View All the Pages in the Knowledge Base
You can see all the pages you've created under a particular help site by using the feature View Pages. It lists all the pages of a help site that you can sort according to their statuses such as published, unpublished, in the draft, or in progress.
The View Pages feature further enables you to manage these pages easily in a single location. All this is explained below in the article.
Step 1: From your ProProfs Knowledge Base dashboard, go to Preview >> View Pages.
Step 2: This is how the View Pages screen looks like. You can see a list of all the pages you've created under a particular help site along with a variety of details.
Step 3: Let's understand what all you can do on the View Pages screen, starting with how to sort the pages list according to their status, as shown in the screenshot below.
1. Sorting the pages list according to their status is just a click away:
- All: All the pages are shown in the list regardless of their status.
- Published: Only the pages that are published are shown in the list. Published pages also include those pages that are originally published but any recent changes in them are not yet live. Hence, their current status will be shown as Unpublished.
- Unpublished: Only the pages that are unpublished are shown in the list.
- Draft: Only the pages that are being created for the first time are considered to be in the draft. This shouldn't be confused with unpublished pages. Only a published page can have its status changed to Unpublished.
Step 4: Moving on, there is a set of options available for you to manage the pages, as highlighted in the screenshot below. Let's take a look at them.
2. These options allow you to perform the most important actions on the pages:
- Delete: Select a page or pages and delete them.
- Edit: Edit a single or multiple pages. The screenshot below shows how the Edit window looks like. You can change the page type between text/video, author name, enable to download the page/pages as PDF, hide/unhide the page from TOC, show/don't show in the search results, and allow feedback to be collected this page/pages.
- Publish: Select a page or pages and hit Publish to make them live.
- Unpublish: You can unpublish a page or pages with this option. This is useful when, for example, the content on a page has become outdated and is no more useful for the viewer. You can unpublish it to hide it from the public view.
- Reset Feedback: If you've received any feedback on a page, this option resets the feedback to zero. Just select a page/pages and hit Reset Feedback.
Step 5: Up next, are the columns. Each of these columns is clickable. For example, you can click on the column Page Title to sort the page list according to the page titles.
Step 5.1: You can hide any of these columns and add more columns as well. To do that, follow the sequence as shown in the screenshot below.
- When you hover the cursor over some of the column names, a down arrow button is displayed. Click on it.
- Go to Columns.
- Check/uncheck the column names you want to show/hide.
Step 5.2: Let's understand what these different columns mean:
- TOC Name: This means the title of the page that is shown in the Table of Contents.
- Page Title: The page title as shown on the page itself. Also, this is shown as a link, on the View Pages screen, to open a particular page.
- Status: Represents a page's status such as published, unpublished, draft, and in-progress.
- PDF: Allows you to download a page as a PDF.
- Good: This represents the total number of positive feedback your page has received.
- Bad: This represents the total number of negative feedback your page has received.
- Search: Enabling this show a page in the search results.
- Last Modified: This shows the date when a page was last edited.
- Author: Shows the name of the person who created a page.